What a looooong day; thus, a short entry.
I arrived at CFZ at 4:50am, so that I could work out prior to coaching the 6am session. That’s dedication sprinkled with stupidity there, ladies and gentlemen. I’m a self-proclaimed “early morning person”, but working out that early in the morning is even difficult for me. Just saying. I was also feeling a wee bit sore due to “Chelsea”. I stretched and worked on mobility for a solid 20 minutes before starting squats.
2-3 warm up sets between 40-60%
3×3, last set heavier than last time
I warmed up with 95, 135, & 155, and then did 3 reps of 165, 175, and 190# — yet another 3RM PR. FS felt great!
High Bar Back Squat
1×20, heavier than last time
I remember feeling lightheaded last week, so I only increased weight by 5# to 170#. And that was more than heavy enough. After just 10 squats I thought, “Uhm, yeah, so you might have to rack the bar.” I was convinced that I was going to have to do so, but struggled through all 20 reps. In my notebook I recorded, “Thought about quitting. Lightheaded.” For perspective, 170 is 74% or 1RM and almost 120% of my bodyweight.
I elected to not do today’s conditioning, even though I very much wanted to do so. Again, my body can only do so much. I did truly enjoy coaching this met-con – as well as mobility, FS, and HBBS.
Double Alternating Tabata
Deadlifts, 60% 3RM
Perform 20 seconds of deadlifts, take 10 seconds rest, perform 20 seconds of lateral hops, take 10 seconds rest. Repeat this process for 16 rounds (8 rounds each movement)
Five attended the 6am and 6:30pm sessions, and 6 attended the 5:15pm session, including many of my friends. Oh, you want to be named? Okay, here are just a few: Nicole, Kristin, Thomas, Chad, Paul A., Leah, Kabool, Claire, Michelle, and the list goes on and on. Oh, and Jeff. And Michael Kelley made an appearance and participated in part of the 6:30pm session.
Things I said to Michael Kelley:
- Your knees don’t move in as much as they used to when you squat. It may just be that I can’t see them because they’re covered in so much fat.
- It would be better if you could hold the dead-lift bar vertically instead of horizontally, as vertical stripes are thinning and horizontal stripes make you look that much fatter.
- Please reposition your bar so that you’re not facing the clock, as others will also need to see the clock and they won’t be able to see around your huge ass.
- You remind me of Jane Fonda.
- Your hiney hurts? As big as your hiney is that must hurt really badly. Oh, your knee hurts.
There were many more comments, but I just can’t seem to recall… (Help me out, Kristin.)
Michael Kelley asked me if I would hold his cankles (not a typo) while he did glute ham developers. I asked Kristin to record the gay porn. Notice how Thomas sneaks into the pictures.